Easter Fun Bonanza!
We know it is the Easter Holidays next week and we are sure lots of you had fun and exciting plans!
As we are still enjoying amazing family time we thought you may want a project for the whole family! We would like to to play board games and cards with the whole family. Investigate which games are your favourite and why. Use these ideas to create your very own board game.
Have a look at the design brief below to guide you through this project.
Send us your creations! We can not wait to see them!
Lets Learn, Have Fun and Play Games!
Week 2 - 30.03.2020
Video games can teach us some valuable lessons such as right and wrong, good and bad, practice makes perfect, to be brave when you’re scared, when we make mistakes we always have another try, and to keep trying until we succeed. So for this task we thought YOU could take some of YOUR video gaming/TV show icons/heros and talk about some of their characteristics and what makes them good role models.
Can you pick 3 of his favourite hero’s or good guys from his games/TV shows and write about them. I would like you to answer these following questions:
1. Who is this Hero? What Game are they from?
2. What are they trying to achieve or who are they trying to beat in their game?
3. Why is the thing or person they are trying to beat bad? Why is what they are doing bad?
4. What characteristics does this hero have that makes them a role model?
5. Why do you look up to this hero?
Challenge: if you could ask these heroes a question what would you ask them?
Pick a game you are enjoying and write about your feelings while playing the game to expand on emotions. The following questions should be answered:
1. Can you think of a level or part of your game that was really hard and describe it?
2. Why did you find this part of the game hard?
3. How did you feel when you couldn’t complete it?
4. How did you finally complete it? Did you keep trying? Did you ask for help? Did you look online for help?
5. How did you feel when you finally completed this part of the game?
6. What did you learn from this?
We all love to create and design. Could you build/draw/paint (whatever you would prefer) a video game world or level for one of your games.
Then could you write a paragraph about your world describing it using adjectives, talking about what you have to do in the world or level, the hard parts and why you picked them.
DO YOU WANT TO TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE?
Send us pictures on Class Dojo and keep us informed. We really do enjoy seeing what you have been up to. We will then Tweet these amazing pieces for all your friends to see!
We are all aware that Mr Hutching's favourite game is POKEMON. Watch the following video and learn how to make your very own Piakchu head band. Follow the instructions and send us a photo of you and your family wearing your cool new head bands.
Click here for more information.