Croeso i Dosbarth Derbyn
Welcome to Reception Class
Reception Staff this year are:
Mrs Erickson (Wednesday am)
Mrs Zaman (Wednesday am)
In Reception the children follow the Foundation Phase Curriculum.
The seven areas of learning are:
1. Personal and Social Development, Well-Being and Cultural Diversity.
2. Language, Literacy and Communication Skills.
3. Mathematical Development.
4. Physical Development.
5. Knowledge and Understanding of the World.
6. Creative Development.
7. Welsh Language
During the Spring Term the children in Reception will learn through the following topics:
* New Year
* Sing a Song - Paint a Picture (art, artists, music and musicians)
* Winter Weatherland (winter and weather)
* Day and Night, Dark and Light (opposites, night and day)
* Words and Roads Take Us Places (communication and transport)
Having fun in the Autumn term!
During the Autumn Term the children in Reception learned through the following topics:
* Welcome to School
* I Am Amazing! I Feel Fine! (self-esteem and feelings)
*Those Nearest & Dearest (friends and families)
* Head to Toe (body awareness and senses)
* Season of Plenty (Harvest and Autumn)
* What's on the Menu? (nutrition and supermarkets)
Click here for more information.